Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dear Henry,


Dear Henry,

I am writing this to you while I wait for you to settle back down in your crib for your afternoon nap. Thanks to this video monitor I have propped up next to me I am able to watch you go from lying down, to sitting, to jumping up and down in your crib, and then back to sitting. I'm hoping the next step, you silly boy, is finally falling asleep. And the whole jumping in your crib thing? This is new and something you discovered only last week, along with a million other things you've discovered over the past few days. You're 14 months old now and I feel like now, more than ever, you are growing at an exponential rate. Each morning you talk a little more, walk (run!) a little faster, and and with each of those words and steps, you are changing from our little baby into a toddler.

These past 14 months have absolutely flown by. You don't know how many times during the day I wish so badly I could just stop time for even a moment so I could focus on taking it all in. Last night you ran over to me and gave me the biggest hug, "mamamamama," tiny arms reaching around me, your head pressed into my neck. You wouldn't let go. I flashed back to when you were the tiniest baby and I remember thinking that it couldn't possible get any better than right now. But that right now came and went, and a million more right nows happened, each one a little better than the last. So I'll say it again, as I watch you finally settle down to sleep, I can't imagine it could get any better than this, right here, right now.

But in an hour or two when you wake up, and I open the door to your wild bed head and that big goofy grin, it will already be better. I feel so grateful to live this life with you, I feel so lucky to be your Mom and to spend everyday with that sunshine smile of yours.

I love you Henry!

Mama

17 comments:

  1. i have a video monitor and i dont know how i could live without one now! henry is so adorable, and its so refreshing to hear someone love motherhood so much. sometimes people forget its a choice, and its nice youve chosen to be a great mom :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Jen! :) And yes, I LOVE our video monitor. My Mom is always saying how insane all of these new gadgets are!

      Delete
  2. Melts my heart. What a blessed little boy to have a mom like you. He will treasure these letters so much one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can somebody pass me a box of tissues? :(

    <333

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you attempt to not make me cry? You are the sweetest mama...and that baby boy is so adorable...we should try to clone him! Hearts, janna lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really sweet, Danielle :) Your posts always make me excited to have babies someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw that was so sweet I got a little teary eyed! I really love your and Henrys relationship! Makes me excited to have a kid someday!

    Hayley
    http://theweekendfile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My little guy also turns 14 months today! He looks like such a peanut compared to your big boy(maybe cause he's got no teeth). Henry is adorable and congratulations... I also always have the thought that this is the best age and I don't want him to get any older but it does just keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the sweetest note ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so sweet. henry is very lucky to have a great mom like you. it'll be so cool for him to have all these letters to read one day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet. I love when you write these. Definitely my favorites. xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwww, this was oh so sweet. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Each and every letter you write to Henry on here is just so incredibly beautiful. I feel so honoured to be able to read it, so thank you for sharing them on here! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You write so beautifully! I love this! I cannot wait to be a Mom some day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gah. Your words. They get to me. I love this post. So sweet and tender and perfect.
    I love the mom that you are.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love this idea! I have just stumbled across your blog and have loved everything I have read so far, but this takes the cake!

    I have always been a writer, and as my husband and I begin to try and start a family of our own, I can't wait to pass my words on to my own child.

    You write beautifully and you have found a new loyal reader!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips