Sunday, February 23, 2014

Journal Day: Prompt #2


Here's this week's prompt-

We all have songs that really mean something to us. Often just hearing it can take us right back to that place and we are able to re-experience the memory associated with the song. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, but either way music has the ability to really draw things out of us and evoke deep emotion. Choose a song that has a particular meaning to you. Tell the story of the memory associated with the song, sharing as much detail as you can. Take us there; let us experience it with you.

I'll be back Thursday with my response (here's an example of "a story and a song" post I previously shared), and that's when I'll ask you guys to share a bit from your writing in the comments, as well as a link to your post so we can all check it out.

Happy writing!


Read more about my Journal Day project here.
Read previous Journal Days here.

12 comments:

  1. The Gaslight Anthem. I can't even say how much I love them. But just for funsies (and until I write my post) this is one of my favorites of Brian with The Boss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1rTI0oCe0E

    Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great prompt for this week! There are definitely songs that come on my Shuffle or on the radio that take me back to certain times. I love the connections we can make through music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god that Jimmy Eat World album.... pure greatness. Brings me back to such a happy, easy, time in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In a moment of needing to just write and give myself a distraction, I wrote my post a few minutes ago.

    http://genuinelyjulia.blogspot.com/2014/02/im-doing-two-posts-in-one-day-starting.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many important songs in my heart! It's going to be challenging to choose just one, but I'm excited to write. <3

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this series Dani. You are an educator. Even though you don't teach at a traditional high school, you teach people by your experiences and your desire to educate resonates through your writing and through series like this one.
    Keep doing what you do.
    xo,
    Olivia
    www.wintermoonblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to chime in with Olivia:
    I really pity the teenagers of Prescott (hope I got that right?), Arizona who DON'T have you as a teacher (anymore)! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. For a music lover, this one is going to be a tough assignment.

    ReplyDelete


  9. Here is my post! Loving this series and this week's prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was so hard to limit this one down to just one song.
    http://bocboc-n-bows.blogspot.com/2014/02/journal-day-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Those mornings and afternoons were my first taste of true freedom. I had a car, I was all on my own, I had my friends with me to enjoy the ride."

    Here's my response and a mini video playlist for you to enjoy!

    http://msbuff.com/2014/02/28/music-memories/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm late for this one, but I posted nonetheless! :)

    http://lifein2words.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-talk-journal-day-2.html

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips