Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Big Kid Haircut

Untitled

I've always loved Henry's shaggy hair but more often than not I found myself sticking a beanie or hat on his head to avoid dealing with it. It was in his face constantly and I think I avoided cutting it for so long because I just didn't know what to do with it. Since he was starting school this past Monday I knew I needed to do something, because I didn't want him to have to constantly be pushing it out of his eyes. So Friday became the big day- haircut day.

He's gotten two haircuts before, one when he was much younger and another about six months ago that was a DISASTER. Not even kidding, it was the worst thing ever. If you wondered why he had been living in beanies more than ever for a few months there, there's your answer. Poor Henry literally had Lloyd Christmas bangs and it was so bad it was funny. So we spent the past few months growing it back out, and I knew once it got long again I would get over my fear and try for another haircut.

This time we went to my friend Stephanie who has a little boy of her own, and I asked for an undercut. She blended the back and sides, and left the top pretty long. As she was buzzing off Henry's locks I got kind of sad, but the second she was done I knew we had a totally un-Lloyd Christmas winner!

Untitled
Untitled


It's crazy how much older he looked the second we cut it. He's so much happier too, and has mentioned more than once how nice it is to not have hair in his face, to wake up with sweaty hair, or have knots to comb through in the morning. I don't think I'll ever let his hair get that long again unless he wants it that way, and Charlie will definitely have a short little 'do himself.

Moral of the story: yay for haircuts!

Untitled
 Right after his appointment- couldn't get a smile out of him but had to get a photo of his fresh cut.



"It Was All A Dream" tee c/o Cut and Burn

24 comments:

  1. Ohhhh what a cool and stylist hair cut :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! He looks so different! Big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's such a cute dude. It's so nuts to me [and exciting!] that he's started preschool! I remember finding your blog just a few months before you announced your pregnancy with him :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, is he on his way to vote in that last picture?! He looks so much older! What a sweet pea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks like a big boy after that cut - it´s amazing how much that changes kids! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love his new hair! I'm just the same and keep avoiding taking my little boy the hairdressers to avoid the meltdown, I know I will have to get it over with soon. I've always liked it long but Henry's looks so cute it doesn't seem as scary now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He looks so, so cute! I had a student with really long hair and it was beautiful and soft, but it also got in the way all the time. Poor thing. I think we were all excited when his folks decided to cut it. ;)

    The Rambling Fangirl

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is too cute! it's hard to cut those long baby locks I'm sure, but now he'll be the coolest kid in school :).

    http://6000milestohome.blogspot.com/2014/02/half-dome-links.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved his long hair, but can see the practical side of having short hair. My 20 year old has long long red hair, but I do secretly wish he would get it cut....

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great haircut, it has so much style!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love kids with short hair and new cut of Henry reminds me J.of the first time we've seen, his hair was shaved and a long tuft!

    Henry is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous hair cut- My little man has had long curly hair forever, he decided last week that he would like a big boys haircut (he is 4) and he really likes it. It makes him look so grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He looks so smart!

    Sophie
    http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's amazing how much of a grown up Henry looks like with his new 'do!

    ReplyDelete
  15. he looks so adorable, i just love the cut on him!!

    Zoe
    http://gypsiesister.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. awe...he was so sweet with the shaggy hair, but i really love this "big boy" cut on him too :)
    xo jac

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too good! My son just got the same dumb & dumber haircut last week when I asked the hairdresser to "just TRIM his bangs". It looked fine wet but I was horrified when we got home and it dried. To make matters worst it was only his second day at a new school and he had to go with a dorky haircut. He's only in junior kindergarten but he told me the other kids didn't like his new hair (break my heart!). We got it fixed that evening and now it's fine but shorter than I like it. I started to wonder if I was the only mom who had a hard time getting a good haircut for her son. Especially with all the little boys with perfect hair on Instagram.
    Henry's new haircut looks great btw.

    Thanks
    Lisa :)
    Twintageblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love his haircut so much! Such a big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. He looks adorable - like a little man!

    ReplyDelete